Here's a recap of my first trimester. I was lucky enough to have a very easy pregnancy with Turner, and this twin pregnancy isn't much different other than my extreme appetite and need for sleep (ALL the time)! This will be the last time I'm ever pregnant, so I'm trying to savor these moments.
- Whoo hoo...two positive pregnancy tests!
- Told family via phone or text
- Chose new OBGYN, Scheduled Dr. Appointment - (made appt for when I'm 9 weeks)
- Downloaded pregnancy app - already annoying and telling me I can eat unpasteurized cheese....yeah, I don't think I'm going to stick with that one.
- Fear and worry set in - will I have a miscarriage? Will the baby be ok? I have seen friends experience some horrific things, and I now realize how blessed I am to have had a healthy baby.
- Bloated...hoping my belly shows sooner this time around
- I started working out more, because I knew that in a few short months it would be very hard to work out....specifically crunches. I also had good energy, so there wasn't anything holding me back.
- Went to ER and had an ultrasound done which is where I was surprised to find out I was having TWINS!
- Called my OBGYN the next day and requested an earlier appointment, but they wouldn't move me up. Then the nurse told me it's possible I'm not having twins due to something called a pseudo sac, and that the ER docs aren't specialized in reading ultrasounds. OMG....the emotions! You're telling me there is a chance I might NOT be having twins? What the heck am I supposed to do for the next month?
- Scheduled an appointment with an ultrasound tech because I couldn't wait a month to be for sure, and I wanted to know prior to vacation.
- Holy crap, am I really having twins? I barely slept an hour that night. I kept googling "breastfeeding twins, tips for having twins, items you need for twins, etc."
- Threw up on Saturday a ton but wondering if it was due to pregnancy or a stomach bug
- Extremely hungry all the time
- Drowsiness definitely hit me this week. I blogged a lot less and stayed up till about 9pm. Prior to pregnancy I would stay up writing till midnight.
- Scheduled an ultrasound because my doc wouldn't see me before 9 weeks, and I wanted to know for SURE if I was having twins before I went on vacation.
- Deleted pregnancy app....they are so annoying.
- Ravenous...craving burgers and very fatty foods
- Zumba - almost passed out after about 30 minutes, did strength training for another 30 minutes
- Walked a mile during lunch
- It seemed like FOREVER waiting a week till my ultrasound. Alex and I met at the ultrasound office on Tuesday 6/23, and after 30 minutes of trying to fill my bladder the lady was finally able to see the sacs. She saw one sac very well, and saw the heartbeat immediately. She spent a lot of time taking photos and measuring, and then continued to look for another sac. She seemed a bit disappointed, and couldn't seem to see anything....UNTIL she said "I see another heartbeat! You're having twins! I was so happy! As crazy as the emotional train I was on the past week, I really didn't want to see one of the sacs disappear.
- Went to my new OBGYN orientation
- Just as hungry as last week. I fill up VERY quickly, but then am so hungry an hour later, I feel like I'm going to pass out. Cravings - soup & salad
- About to fly to Hawaii and worried about getting nauseous
- Body Pump
- 30 min. walk
- Tons of activities in Hawaii
- I think vacation took my mind off of being pregnant, because my symptoms were more subdued. I was tired all the time, but I blamed that on all the activities we were doing during the day. We would wake up around 6am every morning and go to bed by 9 or 10pm.
- Bloated, my belly felt huge
- Surf Lesson
- Had my first apt with my OBGYN and confirmed that I am DEFINITELY having twins.
- Took a nap in the back of my van during lunch because I was so tired I felt like passing out.
- Gained 5lbs and I'm pretty sure it's all in my boobs.
- Extreme exhaustion which led to the need for lots of car naps during my lunch break (see photo below)
- Boobs hurt constantly (this continues through week 12)
- NONE and not ashamed
- Took family/announcement photos with Austin photographer, Lindsey Rivera. She was wonderful!
- The size of my stomach has decreased, I guess I'm just not as bloated this week.
- Extreme cravings for Burgers, sour candy and ICEEs
- Piyo (Pilates/Yoga class)
- Dentist appt. - thankfully my doc ok'd for me to have some fillings done.
- N/A, other than the occasional need for a nap. My hunger was finally subdued this week.
- 2 x 30 min walk