Let me start by saying that I LOATHE grocery shopping. I would rather scrub toilets on my hands and knees than go grocery shopping. Sooo Alex usually does the grocery shopping on the weekend while I watch kids. When you both work full-time your weekend hours with the family are precious. The last thing either of us want to do is drop what we're doing to go grocery shopping. Cue Shipt! As a twin mom, I'm all about convenience these days.
Shipt is a grocery delivery service that has partnered with HEB and services the greater Austin area (including Round Rock, Pflugerville and Cedar Park). Here's how it works;
- Order from the app using your phone, tablet, or computer. It's very user friendly and actually super fun to use!
- A personal shopper then shops for you.
- They deliver to your door as soon as one hour after you order. You can be very specific on when you want your groceries dropped off. You can even schedule them for days out.
- Hot Dogs (Alex's favorite) - while he and Turner eat hot dogs I usually eat Annie's boxed mac and cheese
- Cheddar & Potato Pierogis - Mmmm....not as good as homemade Polish Pierogis, but add fresh bacon and sauteed onions and you get close
- HEB Chicken Fried Steak - They are already cooked, you just have to heat them up in the oven, which only takes 12 minutes! We'll make mashed potatoes and corn to go with it.
- Michael Angelo's (Lasagna & Pastas) - These are hands down my favorite freezer meals. They are extremely flavorful, taste super fresh and are headquartered in Austin!
- Grilled Cheese Sandwiches - All you need is butter, sourdough bread and cheese. We like using shredded Vermont cheddar, Swiss and Gouda.