Welcome to week 3 of the One Room Challenge! I'm halfway to completing Walt & Whitney's twin nursery. Actually more than halfway, because during week 5 I will be out of town for work and week 6 I'll be having photos of the nursery taken. That means I have less than 2 weeks to finish this. Eek! I honestly didn't do much this week other than make some larger item orders online that I realized need to be shipped ASAP to get here in time. I did a lot of window shopping and took a ton of photos of things to remember, but I won't pull the trigger on the small details till the last week.
Here is a break down of what I did accomplish this past week;
- Rug - I layed out my 5x7 Homegoods rug and I wanted to make sure the ends didn't curl up so I ordered rug corners online and applied them to the corners. They seem to be working good so far, but we haven't had much foot traffic in the nursery yet).
- Ordered glider - We had a small rocking chair style glider in Turner's room, but Alex wasn't comfy in it. I knew with twins we HAD to have a chair that he liked. We tried out the chairs at Babies R Us for size, and then I made my final order on Wayfair's website. I've never tried the chair, but I'm really hoping both Alex and I love it. It was our biggest splurge of the room at $300. A lot of my finishing touches and decorating are depending on the glider and its color so I can't wait till it arrives this Friday.
- Bought floor lamp and set up - cashed in a Target gift card and found the perfect lamp. I can never have too many lamps in my home. I loathe overhead lighting
- Intended to hang a large mirror above the dresser, but couldn't get the dang price sticker and it's residue off so I'll be scrubbing this week. Any tips?
- Bought curtains, and I'm on the hunt for the perfect curtain rod. It's crazy how much importance I put on the small details of the room. Hunting for a curtain rod takes days checking multiple stores. Anyone else do this? My go to stores to look for decor are; Target, Homegoods, World Market, TJ Maxx, Tuesday Morning and IKEA.
|Trunk & globe are both thrifted and were in this room prior. They work perfectly between the cribs!|