Happy 8 months to my two little stinkers! This month has been so fun as they have started to interact with each other more. Every day I pick them up from school I think...here we go on the crazy train. It's still kind of terrifying taking care of twins but thankfully they're cute.
- Walt still wakes once a night, but a few weeks ago he slept through the night twice! I usually feed him a 4 oz. bottle, change his diaper, and lay him back down.
- Walt has been extremely tough to get to sleep lately. I’ll feed him a bottle in his room while rocking him, lay him down and he immediately wakes up and starts SCREAMING. I let him cry for about 5-10 min. and then go back in for 5 min. Every night is different.
- Whitney usually sleeps through the night. Every once in a while she’ll wake up and we’ll put her pacifier back in and she’ll go back to sleep.
- Putting Whitney to sleep is seriously the easiest! I simply put on her sleep sac, give her a pacifier and lay her down. Even if she’s not 100% tired, I’ll hear her quietly talking to herself or playing in her crib for sometimes as long as 30 min. but then she falls asleep.
- Poor Walt had his Orchiopexy surgery last week for his undescended testicle, which is due to being born premature.
- I took Walt to one of his last helmet appointments, and the doc told us he only needs to wear it for 2 more weeks. Whoo hoo! Although I’ve gotten used to him wearing it and it seriously has saved him from smashing his head SO many times. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve heard his helmet hit a table, floor, furniture, chair and think to myself....Helmet saves the day again. Walt has become very brave because of it, so it’s going to take some adjusting once we take it off.
- Both babies have had runny noses, congested chests. I thought they might have an ear infection, but they never ran a fever. I waited it out because honestly taking time off to get them both to the doctor is daunting.
- They eat solids twice a day. Once at lunch and once at dinner time.
- I’ve fed them puffs and other small foods like cut up grapes and noodles.
- Walt weighs 19 lbs. I only know this because of his surgery. Whitney feels like she weighs under 15 lbs.
- They are both pulling up like crazy on to things and moving around our coffee table.
- Walt has 8 teeth. 4 on bottom, 4 on top.
- Whitney has two bottom teeth.
- Crawling all over me. I am their human jungle gym.
- Playing with Turner
- When I whistle
- Sharing toys with each other.
- Walt: Loves when I give him “The Look”. I’ll look away and then quickly turn my head and make eye contact him with wide eyes. He busts out laughing every time!
- Whitney: I call her the diaper queen because she’s obsessed with diapers. She wants to eat them clean (or dirty). If Walt has on a diaper and nothing else, she will chase after him and try to eat his diaper.