I am thankful for this blog, and the friendships and partnerships it has helped me to create. I have connected with so many amazing women bloggers in Austin and truly value our friendship. I've been able to partner with some great companies and brands on different projects, and I'm excited for what the future holds for this blog. I have a full-time marketing job, and this blog will always take second priority to that, but I'm thankful for this blog allowing me to be creative and pursue my passions. I know many don't understand blogging, and don't take it seriously but I could talk your ear off all day on why you should start a blog.
- Started BuiltWell as a fun side project. We don't do very many projects anymore because we're usually busy with our own, but every once in a while Alex will build a custom piece for someone.
|Photo: Love, The Nelsons|
- Completed our Master Bathroom renovation after we discovered a water leak in the shower. Doors were added and a wall was blown out!
- Hosted the second ATX Blogger Mixer but this time had a partner in crime, Miss Erica Louie. I'm so fortunate to have met this amazing woman. She is honest, hilarious, generous and an awesome blogger/youtuber! I've had a blast planning the blogger mixers with her in 2015.
- Attended the Texas Style Council Conference and met some amazing women!
- Hosted family from NY in ATX. I love being a tour guide in this city!
- Attended Austin Fashion Week for the first time
- Celebrate birthdays and engagements with lifelong hometown friends
- Found out we were having TWINS after a series of unfortunate events (totaling both of our vehicles)
- Celebrated 5 years of marriage! Took the day off of work, waited 6 hours for Franklin BBQ, and enjoyed a staycation in downtown Austin.
- Completed a lot of DIY projects. You can see all my projects here!
- Spent lots of time outside with our neighbors and checked many activities off our Summer Bucket List
- Officially become one of "those" Moms and bought a mini-van
- Vacationed to Maui, Hawaii for a week...KIDLESS! It was a wonderful vacation. Thanks to my Mom and Sis for watching Turner. Maybe one day I'll post the pics.
- Co-hosted the 4th ATX Blogger Mixer at the clothing boutique, FOUND, with guest speaker Kelly Wynne
- Wrote my most controversial post to date for Austin Moms Blog about choosing to go back to work after having twins....damn you mommy wars
- Took a mini vacation to Tapatio Springs in the Texas Hill Country with Alex & Turner. A sweet vacation just the three of us.
- Welcomed our first exchange student, Sophie, from Germany who we hosted for 4 months
- Found out the sex of our babies, and I almost passed out. A BOY and a GIRL! #Momzillaface
- Refinished my french provincial bedroom furniture that I had been putting off for 2 years
- Participated in my first ever One Room Challenge (6 week design challenge) and redecorated our guest bedroom for the Twins' Nursery. See the full reveal here!
|Photos by Kayla Snell Photography|
- Celebrated my 29th birthday and 5th anniversary since graduating college in Abilene
- Celebrated Turner's 3rd Birthday with a small party at Chuck-E-Cheese with our neighbors
- Started the process of potty training Turner. It took 3 months, but I believe he is finally done (knock on wood).
- Had a lovely baby shower hosted by friends and family
- Trick or Treated with our amazing neighbors and threw our Annual Halloween Bash
|Dog the Bounty Hunter, Batman & a Hippie|
- Took a girls trip to Fredericksburg for my Mom's birthday, and we stayed at the most beautiful rental home!
- Had a blast dressing my baby bump in the Fall. See more of my outfit posts here!
- Co-hosted the 5th ATX Blogger Mixer at the new Paper + Craft Pantry with guest speaker, Shalyn Nelson
- Hosted my first Favorite Things Christmas Party
- Celebrated Christmas with 80 degree weather, matching jammies, and lots of noise with family
- Anxiously awaiting the arrival of Walton & Whitney! I've enjoyed counting down this past year with the Maternity Countdown Tee. See my weekly updates here.
THANK YOU for following along this past year! I'd love to know what types of posts you want to see more of in 2016, so please do tell! Fashion, Budgeting, DIY/Home Projects, Parenting, Marriage, Travel? Happy New Year!