This year started out wonderful with the birth of Walt and Whitney and ended horribly with the passing of my Dad. Sorry to be a downer, but it's the truth. 2017 will be a tough year as my family and I experience a year of firsts without my Dad but we're strong and will get through it together. I pray 2017 is a year of spiritual growth, memorable experiences, and lots of love.
Here's a positive recap of 2016:
- Survived a natural twin birth
- Took 3 months of maternity leave. Thank the lord for a job that paid me my full salary while I was out.
- Took our first vacation as a family of 5 to Mo-Ranch with our neighbors
- Alex and I celebrated our 6th wedding anniversary with a trip to San Antonio (Turner was the third wheel)
- Celebrated my 30th Birthday with a trip to Houston
- Saw Coldplay live in Dallas for their Head Full of Dreams Tour (they NEVER disappoint)
- Took our annual girl's trip to Boerne, TX to celebrate my Mom's birthday
- Attended a floral workshop at The Paper + Craft Pantry
- Took our first family ski trip to Red River, NM
- Planned and hosted two ATX Blogger Mixers
- Hosted a blogger event at Viva Day Spa
- Attended Austin Fashion Week 2016
- Celebrated Turner's 4th Birthday at Catch Air
- Fell in love with hamburgers and spent all my $ at In-N-Out, Might Fine & P. Terry's
- Threw our Annual Halloween Party and realized it's MUCH harder to throw parties with infant twins
- Started a YouTube channel. Alex is my producer and does all the editing ; ).
Note that I said this was a "positive" recap. There were many times life didn't go right; totaling my car, countless interviews where I didn't get the job, postpartum anxiety, grief and more. My goal of 2016 was to simply survive raising infant twins. Well, mission accomplished. My 2017 goals are to brush my teeth every night, wear my retainer and buy less stuff I don't need.